today i was honored to receive the beautiful blogger award! thank you to ayn at little illuminations for bestowing the compliment.
in the spirit of the award, i will play by its fun rules. which are:
- thank and link to the person who gave you the award (thank you again, ayn!)
- pass the award on to 15 other bloggers who inspire you and then let them each know you’ve given them the award (see below)
- state 7 things about yourself (see way below)
i’m passing this award on to 15 bloggers who totally inspire me each and every day, and for whom i obsessively check my rss feed to find updates from them:
- geninne’s art blog – gorgeous illustrations, amazing studio, inspirational artist! makes me long for endless afternoons alone in my own studio, playing with watercolors….
- pink and green mama – fellow artsy momma blogger with an endless supply of genius ideas
- mamaroots – i first became obsessed with her etsy shop, and now i adore her blog, too!
- livenlearn – also smitten with her etsy shop, and i love this creative homeschooling blog (even though i’m not a homeschooler…technically. i mean, all mothers are teachers and all homes are schools, right?)
- chasing cheerios – such a cute blog with wonderfully artistic ideas!
- to the moon and back – my talented, witty, honest friend’s blog on parenthood and womanhood
- 5 orange potatoes – the beauty of earthy domestic life encapsulated perfectly. j’adore! (and sooo makes me want a sewing machine! which is a good model for uber-beginner sewers like moi? no, i don’t speak french at all. what has come over me?)
- the crafty crow – such a fun round-up of crafts out there on the web. a staple in my morning. like chai.
- the artful parent – i can’t say enough nice things about the sweetness of this creative site.
- salt and chocolate – the name of this blog alone makes me hungry. two of my favorite flavors. beautiful inspirational photographs and ideas.
- better to give – my awesomely talented, soulful friend was part of this co-blog for just a month, but i still reread it now. gives me perspective.
- wise craft – this makes me want to redecorate my home and make amazing gifts for everyone i know. (if only time and money grew on trees, i’d do just that.)
- 4 crazy kings – really clever art ideas for kids
- that artist woman – reminds me that i need to nurture my adult artist self in the midst of parenting
- the yeti club – i had to include this blog. N and i are a part of it, due to her yeti obsession. i always have fun hunting for sasquatches online.
now i hope all 15 of you spread the love to 15 blogs that excite you! aaand, for the third part of the “rules”:
seven (totally random) things about li’l ol’ me:
- i had my first small business when i was 7, selling the eggs our chickens laid to the ladies in my mom’s exercise class that she taught out of our home.
- i don’t eat anything that has a mom.
- if i were not an art psychotherapist by trade, i think i’d want to be a novelist, a spiritual advisor, an interior decorator, a wedding planner, and/or a fashion stylist.
- i adore geology. (nerd!)
- fireworks make me cry… like from a very old place somewhere deep in my belly.
- i’m completely petrified of taking the down escalator.
- my closet is organized in ROY G BIV (rainbow) order, and always has been.
much gratitude to each of these incredible bloggers (and oh-so-many more!) and to all of my readers and facebook fans! it’s awesome to know i’m not blogging in a vacuum over here – i appreciate the virtual community.
No related posts.