just wanted to check in to wish all of you a happy valentine’s day!
this time around, when upcycling crayons, we incorporated a few valuable tips from my beloved blog readers and from our own trial and error.
here are a few ways to make your life easier when making molded upcycled crayons:
- soak the crayons in water for about 10 minutes before attempting to peel the labels off. it’s CAKE compared to the last time we did it and i had rainbow wax under my fingernails for days! (my fingernails thank you, wendy!)
- spray the mold with non-stick cooking spray (nut free, please!)
- put the mold onto a cookie sheet that is lined with foil (to catch drips)
- “bake” for 15 minutes at 250 degrees. (you may need to add on a couple more minutes to be sure they’re all melted.
- note: stubs from your kid’s crayola twistables do not melt at this time and temperature like the regular ol’ crayola crayons do.
- transfer crayons directly from the oven to the freezer
- pop ’em right outta the mold, package, and share the love!
hope it’s a lovely day! hug your loved ones close; reach out to loved ones far.
happy heART day!